Student Corner Needs your Submissions!

If you would like to submit a short story or poem please e-mail [email protected]

0

Two Wins for Stingers at Bishops

Oy Vey: A Political Statement

Art in motion

Is it possible for classic concertos such as Vivaldi's The Four Seasons to inspire a truly original choreography? Angelin Preljocaj and his ballet tackled this question last week at Place-des-Arts with fleeting success in Les 4 saisons... The curtains open to reveal an eclectic assemblage of objects suspended from the ceiling: a cardboard cloud, a set of feathered wings, a thick rope, a plastic plant.

Lights, camera and…

I would recommend Eric Schlosser's book, Fast Food Nation, to anyone. The film version directed by Richard Linklater, however, leaves me less enthusiastic. While Schlosser's book is full of mind-blowing facts and shocking true stories, somehow it doesn't seem to translate to the big screen.

Circa Survive are movin’ on up…

The guys of Circa Survive aren't afraid to walk around with their hearts on their sleeves. The five guys that comprise this Philadelphia band couldn't have been more candid and down-to- earth when I sat down with them last week. Vocalist Anthony Green, guitarist Brendan Ekstrom and guitarist Colin Frangicetto took some time right after what they call their biggest show to date to talk to me a little more about the band.