If you want to trick your friends into believing you’re an excellent chef &- make them a mean guacamole they’ll never forget using my “special” recipe.
There are a few reasons why this strategy is proven to work (trust me, I would know).
1. They will eat so much of it, they won’t have room to try anything else you prepared (that’s a good thing).
2. Guacamole is addictive, and you’ll have them hooked forever.
3. It’s so good that your name will become synonymous with the recipe, and you’ll never get asked to make anything else (perfect for lazy chefs, or those who can’t make anything else)
4. People will automatically assume you know what you’re doing in the kitchen if you can make a dip this good.
5. Because I said so.
In truth, I’m not quite sure exactly what it is about my recipe that makes it so much better than the rest. I think it comes down to perfect proportions which I’ve got down to a tee. Or perhaps it’s the blend of ultra fresh ingredients. Then again, maybe it’s because no one has had the heart to tell me otherwise. But, judging by how fast this baby goes at my annual barbecue and Oscar night party &- it’s the real deal. And with the holidays coming up, you’ll be glad you have it in your arsenal.
4 large ripe avocados
1 medium tomato finely chopped
1/2 a small, finely chopped onion
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
2 tablespoons (30 ml) chopped cilantro (the green leaves)
1 teaspoon of chili flakes
1 teaspoon of salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Mash everything together in a medium size bowl.
2. Serve with blue or white tortilla chips.
Serves 6-8 (depending on how hungry your friends are)