Bargain hunters listen up: Salesaholics website makes saving simpler

Created by two Concordia graduates, the self-described “sales event search engine,” Salesaholics was designed to help shoppers locate clothing sales close to home. On the site homepage, users type in their city and can search for clothing and accessory sales by category, store or type of sale.
Categories range from specific clothing items like women’s shorts to a category dedicated to men’s cuff links. Stores like Gap, Urban Outfitters, Danier Leather and Forever 21 are among the list of retailers searchable on the site.
According to Nelly Adjami, president of Salesaholics, the site features information regarding both in-store and online sales.

Adjami, who graduated from computer engineering in 2004, came up with the idea after seeing a banner on the highway advertising a sale for Guess Jeans that had already passed. Annoyed that she had missed the sale, Adjami attempted to find out where she could go to hear about upcoming sales before it was too late. After her search came up empty, she and her business partner Jeff Montesano, who completed his MBA at the John Molson School of Business, decided to develop the Salesaholics website.
Operated under the slogan “never miss a sale,” Adjami explains their site helps people save time and money and avoid the frustration associated with looking for sales and finding out about a sale once it’s already over.
By signing up, users are able to share sales with friends, send in sales details to Salesaholics and customize their very own email newsletter. Members choose their preferred stores and types of sales and then the frequency in which they want to receive updates. According to Adjami, this is one of the website’s strengths.
“All your fashion sales are all in one place and in one email,” she explains. “Rather than filling your inbox with newsletters from 10 stores, our site allows you to have only one email with the sales from all your favourite stores.”

Another great advantage to the site, according to Adjami, is that users can search other cities so they can use the sales listed to plan a shopping trip.
Right now, the site is not generating any revenue, though according to Adjami, it is part of their plans for the future.
“Our plan is to get revenue from advertising and from retailers who want their sales to have more exposure on our site,” says Adjami. “We will keep basic postings free but charge extras for features like having their sale be in the top ten in our email notifications.”

For more information check out: salesaholics.com