Re: Informational General Meeting

Dear Concordia students,

First and foremost, the Concordia Student Union would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your countless efforts and involvement in matters affecting students, the Concordia community, faculty and staff.

On Thursday Jan. 27, we held our very first Informational General Meeting where over 100 students were present to speak their minds about matters affecting our University. We came together. We challenged ourselves… and we listened.

The result? We brought to life a discussion that has a lot of students talking. We started talking about how important accessible education is, how our University has an alarming lack of student space, and how we can make a difference when we stick together.

Just last week, student representatives and faculty members who comprise our university’s senate, in solidarity, called upon our governance for something they believed in. The week before, CSU council passed a motion asking the external members of the Board of Governors who had overstayed their mandate to respectfully resign. This is what we do here at the Student Union; we represent our students, fight for low tuition fees, accessible education, stand against exclusivity contracts and do not tolerate violence on and around campus.

In the following week, on Valentine’s Day, the CSU will hold a special general meeting where the main theme to this meeting is to keep education accessible in Quebec for all students. We invite everyone who wishes to express their thoughts to be present and share their opinion with other students. We make ourselves available through email as well. Share your concerns directly to your executives, especially your president: [email protected]

February is also Black History Month at Concordia, prepared in collaboration with many student groups on campus. These series of events reflect the openness and progressive stance of the entire Concordia community and the CSU. We encourage you take part in numerous social events and invite you to stop by the CSU Speaker Series that will be bringing you Martin Luther King III this month.

For all we get to achieve together and more,

Thank you,

Your CSU Executives

0

Super Bowl XLV: Dream Match-up

University is preparing an academic plan, and they want students? say

Dear Concordia students,

Thank you,

Your CSU Executives

0

Super Bowl XLV: Dream Match-up