Want to be a better boyfriend?

With few ideas and even less time to find the perfect gift, Jonathan Brun grabbed some of his girlfriend’s underwear, hopped on a bike and rushed to the nearest lingerie store. Thinking he could use the few pieces he had “borrowed” as a guide, he attempted to pick out items she would like. After scanning the boutique, Brun realized that he had absolutely no clue which brands she preferred.

“I simply bought the most expensive items and matched the sizes to the ones I brought with me,” Brun said. “Not the most elegant solution to buying a gift, but it worked.”

Brun was lucky, but not every boyfriend can get away with a last minute shopping spree. Now, thanks to makeyourgirlfriendhappy.com, a site Brun founded several months ago, guys no longer have to tend to her needs unguided. And with Valentine’s Day in less than a week, there is no better time to ensure your girlfriend’s happiness.

Make Your Girlfriend Happy has boyfriends submit their email address, their relationship anniversary and their girlfriend’s birthday in order to receive free email reminders both two weeks and three days before these important dates in order to prevent them from being forgotten. Users can also sign up for a weekly newsletter devoted to tips on a range of topics like complimenting, sexting and romancing.

Next, guys have the option to invite their girlfriends to the site so that they can fill out their preferred sizes and brands for items such as clothing, jewelry, shoes and lingerie. There is also an area where girls submit a custom present like a spa weekend or romantic getaway. For guys who would rather keep the site a secret from their girls, there is that option too.

By filling in your address, makeyourgirlfriendhappy.com recommends gifts from nearby stores, and match both your girlfriend’s preferences and your price limit. The site also lets you sign up for several package deals. There is the Safety Net which delivers flower bouquets on the three “holy dates,” birthday, anniversary and Valentine’s Day for $250 including shipping. The Get Out of the Doghouse package which sends your girlfriend seven presents over seven days and the Big Ballers Club which offers monthly gift deliveries.

Despite founding a website dedicated to making girlfriends happy, Brun’s Valentine’s Day plans are still up in the air. “[I am] still looking for a date,” he said.

In honour of Valentine’s Day, the site is running a V-Day countdown. Head online to makeyourgirlfriendhappy.com/countdown for gift recommendations each day until Thursday.