World in brief

Dontcha hate Twitter booty calls?
What could be worse than accidentally tweeting a sexy message that was intended as a DM? When it’s not even from you, but from your aide. Simon Holt, a popular horse-racing commentator on British television, tweets under the handle @PlumptonRaceDay. When “Oh and by the way, I want your hot body tonight babe. xxxxx” was tweeted at 5:18 p.m. on Jan. 3, it was retweeted hundreds of times. The followup message came out 25 minutes later: “The previous message was sent in error! Please ignore ……unless you are Cameron Diaz or my wife.” But it turns out the messages were written by his 44-year-old ghostwriter Jason Hall, who wanted to message his wife, Nicola. Ever optimistic, Hall said, “But I’m sure [Holt will] find it funny, if a little embarrassing. Fortunately everyone has seen the funny side.”

Zopittybop-Bop-Bop POW!
As if being arrested on charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and marijuana, probation violation, and carrying a concealed weapon wasn’t bad enough, this silly public offender’s name got out to The Capital Times. Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop was born Jeffrey Drew Wilschke, but changed his name last October. He was picked up after people complained about drinking and drug use around a local park in Madison, Wisc. The police said Zopittybop-Bop-Bop had a knife, drug paraphernalia, and marijuana on him, and allegedly told officers that he would “get even with them.” According to his Facebook page, Zopittybop-Bop-Bop’s activities include “standing,” “thinking,” and “diamond.”

Aunt Jemima’s saucy injury
Los Angeles Kings forward Dustin Penner is very, very lucky that he does not play for the Montreal Canadiens. Otherwise, we don’t know whether his career or reputation would have survived the incident that kept him off the ice a few days ago. The hockey player suffered back spasms caused by… a plate of pancakes. He explained it this way to blogger Rich Hammond: “I woke up fine, sat down to eat and it locked right up. It never happened to me before. I couldn’t stand up. I was probably at the third stage of evolution.” His wife helped him to get dressed and he got to the rink only to be told by the team trainer to just head home. Calling his back injury “one of those mysterious things,” Penner said he hopes it’s not a chronic condition.

No underwear on the London Underground
Riders in cities across the world went pantsless on Sunday, spawning dozens of photo slideshows on news websites everywhere. The prank, first started in 2002 by New York City comedy collective Improv Everywhere, has riders dress as if they just forgot to put on pants, with a straight face. Half-naked people participated in places like Toronto, London, Istanbul, Seattle, and Mexico City. We couldn’t find much pantsless activity in Montreal, save for two guys on YouTube called Peter and Samuel who didn’t even take their pants fully off. It might have had something to do with the cold.