Stingers looking to repeat another solid week

It was a good week for all Stingers teams. Women’s rugby stood above the rest with two victories; one against rivals McGill and another on Sunday at Carleton.

The team took home the Kelly-Anne Drummond Cup last Wednesday after defeating the Martlets 18-7. This past Sunday, the team travelled to Ottawa to face Carleton. The Stingers cruised to an easy 41-7 win.

The men’s rugby team were the only team to lose this week. They fell 22-10 to McGill on Wednesday evening. The team is still looking for its first win of the season.

Both soccer teams matched results for the second week in a row. Coming off 2-0 wins, the men’s and the women’s team each drew 1-1 this past week.

The Stingers football team made a lengthy trip to Antigonish, Nova Scotia to face the St. Francis Xavier X-Men. The team made the trip worthwhile by winning a comfortable 41-20.

Concordia’s baseball team had three games this week, twice against McGill and once against John Abbott College. The first meeting was against the Redmen, on Wednesday. The Stingers defeated their opposition for the second time this season, winning 11-4. Friday’s game against John Abbott College was rained out, and the third game of the week was this Sunday at home to McGill, where Concordia won 6-3.

This Upcoming Week

The first Stingers team to suit up is the baseball team. They play Sept. 18 against John Abbott College. The first pitch is at 7:30 p.m. at Gary Carter Field at Trudeau Park in Cote St. Luc. On Saturday, the team travels to Ontario to battle Carleton at 2:30 p.m. and returns to Montreal to face John Abbott College once again on Sunday.

Soccer is next on the agenda for Concordia. Both the men’s and women’s will travel away to face Université du Québec à Montréal on Thursday, Sept. 20. The women play first at 6:30 p.m., followed by the men’s game at 8:30 p.m. The games are at Collège de Bois-de-Boulogne.

Rugby takes center stage on Friday. The women’s rugby team faces the Ottawa Gee-Gees at 7 p.m. at Concordia Stadium. The men will take to the field to face the Montreal Carabins at 9 p.m.

On Sunday, September 23, soccer is back at Concordia Stadium. The men’s team plays first at 1 p.m. against the Sherbrooke Vert et Or. The women’s team plays after them at 3 p.m. against the same school.