Over-combing frivolous lawsuits

Donald Trump may be ranked the 278 richest man in the world by Forbes, but he is not the smartest. Most people his age give out those hard, taffy candies to people; Trump hands out lawsuits.

In the past month, reports have surfaced of two different possible lawsuits brought out by Trump.

Back in October, the mogul took to the Internet to make a big announcement. Trump said that he would donate $5 million to any charity of President Obama’s choice, so long as Obama released his college records and passport application. Trump called Obama “the least transparent president in the history of this country.”

Trump has a real dislike for President Obama. His Twitter resembled that of an angry fangirl during the elections, as he expressed his support for Obama-related conspiracies.

Bill Maher, comedian and host of Real Time with Bill Maher made a comment on Jay Leno about Trump’s statement. He mocked him by saying that he would also donate $5 million if Trump would hand over his birth certificate as proof that he was not a “spawn of his mother having sex with orangutan.”

Funny, but the comment wasn’t exactly the talk at the water cooler the next morning. Yet Trump decided that, in the true American fashion, he was going to threaten to sue Maher anyway.

Trump coughed up his birth certificate, proving he is not the product of ape and human relations and followed up by suing the comic for the $5 million he says he owes to charity.

Now, most people who possess an ounce of logic and even half a sense of humour know that Maher was joking. However, according to Trump and his FOX News appearance earlier this month, he believes Maher wasn’t just taking a stab.

To be honest, I do not think Trump cares much about the money going to charity. He was being ridiculous in the first place trying to get Obama to give up personal documents by using money for charity as incentive.

This is Donald Trump. Him, his legal team, and most of us watching know that not much will come from this lawsuit, but he is still going through with it. Why? Publicity.

Instead of dangling your money and betting on what and how much will go to charity, just give your money away. The charities’ names are being dragged into this, but how much money have they received? Some things matter a little more than pride.

Trump also recently threatened to sue a man named Angelo Carusone. Carusone is leading a campaign called “Dump Trump,” which is trying to sever ties with Trump and American department store giant Macy’s. Trump is a spokesperson for the store. The petition was started online in November.

The lawsuit is set at $25 million. According to the Huffington Post, Trump called Carusone’s actions “mob-like bullying and coercion.” Carusone said that Trump will not silence him, and compared his behavior to that of a bully.

I seriously think there should be some sort of law against frivolous lawsuits. Trump often just speaks to hear himself. I say we just get him a camcorder so he can film his bizarre tirades for personal viewing only. Save people time, money, and brain cells.

If not, I am just going to start suing everyone who makes me angry. Look out, Trump.