Top 10 [Non-Musical] Movie Soundtracks

10. Trainspotting (1996)

With a film as raw and twisted as Danny Boyle’s Trainspotting, it’s necessary to have a matching soundtrack. Boyle combines classic rock tracks from David Bowie and Lou Reed with funky electronic music to create a chaotic score that highlights the harsh reality of drug addiction in Scotland during the ‘80s.

9. Wayne’s World (1992)

It’s almost impossible to dissociate this Mike Myers comedy with its soundtrack; the film is fueled with monster hits like Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” and Jimi Hendrix’s “Foxy Lady”. From the classics to the characters’ own musical creations, we can’t help but sing along every time we watch.

8. RockNRolla (2008)

Guy Ritchie’s gangster pic has got one slick, edgy score: with fast-paced head-bangers like The Subways’ “Rock and Roll Queen” and mellow mood-setters like Lou Reed’s “The Gun”, Ritchie handcrafted a perfect soundtrack for his Cockney crime film.

7. 500 Days of Summer (2009)

This summer hit was packed with awesome jams; the film features tracks from the likes of Feist, Regina Spektor, the Temper Trap and The Smiths and not a single song seems out of place in any scene. This smorgasbord of great artists makes for one killer soundtrack.

6. PS I Love You (2007)

This film adaptation of Cecilia Ahern’s novel by the same title makes us laugh and sob uncontrollably not only because of the heartbreaking story, but because of the beautiful soundtrack. It combines tearjerkers from James Blunt with folksy Irish tracks to create a completely heart-wrenching yet uplifting soundtrack.

5. A Night at the Roxbury (1998)

It’s hard to tell what the best part of this movie is: the genius comedic combination of Will Ferrell and Chris Kattan, or the perfect retro dance soundtrack. Every single song makes us wish we were at the Roxbury circa 1998 in some tacky monochromatic outfit with sky high, matching platform shoes.

4. Pulp Fiction (1994)

Quentin Tarantino is known for having amazing music in his films, but Pulp Fiction definitely takes the cake for soundtracks. Every song blends perfectly with each scene, making it as essential to the film as any dialogue between characters. Try picturing the dance scene with any song other than Chuck Berry’s “You Never Can Tell”, I dare you.

3. Inception (2010)

In true Hans Zimmer fashion, the German composer delivers a soundtrack of epic proportions. Each track is designed to send shivers down our spines and succeeds in doing so, propelling us into an eerie dreamlike state of our own.

2. Blow (2001)

This amalgamation of musical genres makes Blow’s soundtrack incredibly entertaining. Disco, rock and mariachi this soundtrack leaves literally no genre untouched. The film spans several decades, each of which is represented musically, resulting in an extremely well-crafted soundtrack.

1. Snatch (2000)

The genius story and cinematography of Guy Ritchie’s Snatch is rivaled only by its epic soundtrack. Each song enhances its respective scene, even stealing the limelight on some occasions. With tracks covering every musical genre, the soundtrack for Snatch is quirky, captivating and just plain awesome.