Back to reality breakfasts
Chances are mornings are not your favourite part of the day. Sometimes, the only thing that can keep you awake is a nice mug of coffee. Here are three quick and easy breakfast recipes to beat those blues.
“Smashed avo toast with runny eggs”
Like at the café but cheaper…
2 slices of sourdough bread
Salt and pepper
- In a pot of boiling water, place eggs for five minutes
- Transfer eggs into a bowl of cold water = runny yolks!
- Pop the bread into the toaster, aiming for golden brown
- Half the avocados, discard the pit and scoop it out onto bread and spread
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and a splash of lemon juice
- Peel eggs, cut them in half and place them on the toast
- Stand back and admire your creative ability
Note: To one-up this recipe try adding a bit of olive oil and chili on top.
“The breakfast crepe”
Step your morning game up with a crepe. Take it on the go!
1 cup of milk
1 tablespoon of oil
¾ cup of flour
4 slices of ham
2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- Whisk eggs and milk together until homogenous, slowly adding the flour after, whisking vigorously to avoid lumps.
- Heat a medium sized pan on medium heat and add oil. When hot, add ½ a cup of batter, shaking to ensure a thin even layer.
- After a minute flip the crepe, wait 30 seconds and transfer to a plate. Repeat process.
- Spread ketchup onto a crepe add two slices of ham on top, sprinkle with cheese and warm in oven until melted
- Fold and/or roll and you’re good to go!
Note: Crepes can be made the night before and will keep in the fridge or freezer.
Your caffeine fix without that six-dollar corporate price-tag…you know who you are.
6 cups of brewed coffee
2 cups of milk
6 tablespoons of condensed milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- While the coffee is hot, whisk milk and condensed milk until fully blended
- Add vanilla
- Set in fridge and cool overnight
Note: Sweetness changes once chilled so avoid making the mix too sweet while hot.