Stingers Weekend Results

Football

MEN’S (Loss 52-8)

The team lost in the RSEQ semi-final to the Laval Rouge et Or by a score of 52-8 in Quebec City on Saturday. Quarterback Trenton Miller went down late in the second quarter and was replaced by Colin Sequeira. The Laval offense had a productive day as they accumulated 310-yards worth of passing offense and an additional 216-yards through their rushing game. Laval, who was the third-ranked team in the country, went 6-6 in the red zone and did not lose a single turnover. The team ranked atop the RSEQ division with a 7-1 record and will now face the Université de Montréal Carabins in the RSEQ finals. The Stingers season is now over.

Rugby

WOMEN’S (W 34-12; L 27-13; L 65-7)

The rugby team participated in the CIS national championships this weekend at Queen’s University where they finished in fourth place after a great season. In the first game on Thursday, the team beat the fourth-ranked University of Victoria by a score of 34-12 which allowed the team to move on to the semi-finals against Queen’s University. The team lost to the home squad in that game by a score of 27-13. On Sunday, the team played against the University of Ottawa for the bronze medal. The final score was 65-7 in favor of the University of Ottawa. The season is now over for the rugby team.

Hockey

MEN’S (L 6-5 (OT); L 5-3)

The team lost both of their games this weekend which brought their record down to 3-5-2 on the season. On Friday, the team played against Western University where they lost a tight game in overtime by a score of 6-5. Stingers forward Frederic Roy had two goals in the match while Western defenceman Stephen Gaskin marked a hat trick.

In the Stingers second game on Nov. 7, the team lost to the University of Guelph by a score of 5-3. Stingers goaltender Robin Billingham made 35 saves in the loss. Guelph forward Robert Lepine scored two goals while Guelph defenceman Sean Robertson scored two goals as well. The Stingers now sit seventh in the CIS’s East division.

WOMEN’S (Loss 2-0)

The team lost to McGill in an away game on Sunday by a score of 2-0. The loss is the third in a row for the team which now brings the team’s record to 2-2-1. McGill goalie Kayla Loburg had 22 saves in the shutout which improved her own team’s record to 3-2. The Stingers now sit in fourth place out of five teams in the RSEQ division.