Stingers Weekend Results

Rugby

WOMEN’S (Loss 25-17)

The women’s rugby team lost to the University of Ottawa in the RSEQ championship game on Saturday by a score of 25-17. The University of Ottawa Gee-Gees were the number one ranked team in the RSEQ division with a perfect 7-0 record. Despite the loss, the Stingers will be playing next weekend in the CIS championships at Queen’s University.

MEN’S (Loss 19-18)

The men’s rugby team lost to the École de Technologie Supérieure in the RSEQ quarter-finals on Saturday by a score of 19-18. The week prior, the Stingers had defeated ÉTS by a 30-15 score. The loss means that the Stingers are eliminated from the RSEQ playoffs.

hockey

MEN’S (W 6-3; L 4-1)

The team played two games at home on back to back nights this past weekend. The first game they played was against Wilfred Laurier University. Despite being down 3-0 in the game, the team managed to find a spark and scored six unanswered goals to win the game 6-3.

In the second game of the weekend, the team lost 4-1 to Waterloo University. Waterloo forwards, Colin Behenna and Andrew Smith each had two goals in the victory. The win and the loss means that the team is now 3-5 on the season. The women’s team had the weekend off.

soccer

WOMEN’S (L 6-1; L 1-0)

On Friday night, the team got blown out by Sherbrooke on the road by a score of 6-1. On Sunday, the team would play at home against Laval in a game where they would lose 1-0. The two games marked the end of the regular season. The team finished with a 4-9-1 record.

Men’s (W 2-1; L 3-1)

The team won their game against Sherbrooke on the road Friday night by a score of 2-1. Although, in their home game against Laval on Sunday, the team lost 3-1. Midfielder Roby Simard had the lone goal for the team. The season is now over with the team finishing with a record of 3-9.

basketball

WOMEN’S (Win 63-62)

The women’s basketball team won their pre-season game this weekend against Carleton University by a score of 63-62. The score of the game was tight but the team managed to pull out the win with another big effort. The win improved the team’s pre-season record to 5-1. On Nov. 7 the team will be playing their season opener against UQÀM at the Concordia gymnasium.