Stingers Weekend Results

WOMEN’S BASKETBALL

Concordia @ Bishops (W: 58-46)

After defeating the Bishops Gaiters on Feb. 4 with a score of 80-51, the Stingers travelled to Bishops University where they won 58-46. Forward Marilyse Roy-Viau led the Stingers with 18 points, six assists and six rebounds. Stingers forward Richelle Gregoire was also a factor in the match, as she put up 16 points, along with eight steals and 12 rebounds. The Stingers went 3-17 on three-point shots and 19-62 for field goal shooting. The Stingers committed 12 turnovers in the game while they forced Bishops to commit 28. The win brings the team’s record to 4-8 on the season which puts them in fourth place in RSEQ division. Bishops is the only team behind them, with a record of 0-12.

MEN’S BASKETBALL

Concordia @ Bishops (W: 64-61)

The Stingers marched onto the Bishops Gaiters’ court on Feb. 6 and captured their sixth win in a row after defeating their RSEQ rival 64-61. The win was came two days after defeating the Gaiters at home by a score of 72-53. Stingers forward Ken Beaulieu led the team with 15 points and five rebounds, while guard Jaleel Webb put up 14 points. Forward Schneiders Suffrard led the Stingers in rebounding with eight. Both teams were even in terms of turnovers as the Stingers committed 15 while the Gaiters committed 17. While the Stingers ended with a three point lead, the Stingers were up by 12 at one point in the game. The win gives the Stingers a record of 8-4 which means that they are now tied with the McGill Redman for first place in the RSEQ division.

MEN’S HOCKEY

Concordia @ RMC (W: 7-4)

On Feb. 7, the Stingers broke their five game losing streak by defeating the Royal Military College, the East Division’s worst team, by a score of 7-4. Stingers forward Domenic Beauchemin finished the match with a hat trick, while forward Jessyko Bernard finished with a goal and two assists. Captain Olivier Hinse had two goals and an assist in the game, with forward Frederick Roy rounding out the scoring. The Stingers started goaltender Miguel Sullivan who made 27 saves on 31 shots for the win. RMC goaltender Matt Murphy made 25 saves on 30 shots. Two of the Stingers goals were on an empty net. The win brings the Stingers record up to 9-12-5 which puts them in seventh place in the East Division. The Stingers next game is on Feb. 10 against UQTR.