Adopt a healthier lifestyle and enhance your well-being at this eco-friendly event

Entrepreneurs from all over the province join the event to promote healthy lifestyles. Photo by Léonie Rouette-Tétreault.

Join the Expo Manger Santé et Vivre Vert annual global health exposition

From March 11 to 13 at the Palais des Congrès, foodies will get to enjoy organic, non-GMO and gluten-free foods at the annual Expo Manger Santé et Vivre Vert (EMSEVV).

The event aims to promote a healthy lifestyle through tastings, workshops and demonstrations. Photos by Pierre Crépeau and Léonie Rouette-Tétreault.
The event aims to promote a healthy lifestyle through tastings, workshops and demonstrations.
Photos by Pierre Crépeau and Léonie Rouette-Tétreault.

The event’s mission is to promote global health, ecology and organic products—a healthy lifestyle and a healthy mind. There will be 250 exhibitors and 80 conferences.

If you are concerned about current environmental issues or are considering a change in your diet, then this exposition will greatly benefit you. There will be food tastings of vegan and vegetarian cuisine from across Canada, with a strong focus on Quebec. Kiosks will showcase recipe ideas, tips for adopting a healthy diet on a student budget, ecological tips for your day to day life, anti-stress techniques to enhance your well-being and much more.

This exposition is ecologically conscious from head to toe; all materials at the exhibition booths and at the on-site restaurants are served using compostable containers and utensils. The transparent cups used for tastings are not made of plastic but of entirely compostable PLA fiber. Organizers are encouraging visitors to bring reusable bags to take home all their goodies.

EMSEVV is one of the biggest events of its kind in North America. EMSEVV attracted almost 30,000 visitors last year.  It was founded by Montreal’s pioneer of healthy lifestyles, Renée Frappier., who has written a number of books about healthy nutrition and has been the driving force of this event for the past 19 years.

Entry for students is $11. The event will be open on Friday from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m., on Saturday from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. and on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Check out their website http://expomangersante.com/en/.