Timeless styles for the modern gentleman

Claudiu Pascalau created Style Attorney, your go-to guide for everything menswear. Photo by Sacha Cohen.

Style Attorney enhances classic menswear styles with a contemporary twist

All men looking for inspiration on both classic and casual styles may have a new go-to guide. Claudiu Pascalau is the founder of the fashion blog Style Attorney, and he’s making classical menswear refreshing and appealing to a younger audience.

Pascalau is currently studying at Concordia, majoring in communication studies. In the summer of 2013, he decided to take his passion for men’s clothing to the next level by creating a blog where he could share and express his unique style. Since 2014, he has been a stylist for Boutique Tozzi, which has inspired him for many styles and brands that he shares through his blog. “The concept of inspiring people by doing what you love thrills me,’’ said Pascalau.

The fashion blogging field is saturated with bloggers—so many of them are competing for recognition, yet, Style Attorney has managed to gain awareness regardless of the struggle.

“The blog started with only a simple idea, however, it took a lot of work and determination to implement it. At first, I would post every day and not get any views or feedback,” he said. “It’s important not to give up and remain consistent. If I did not persist, my blog would not have reached the audience it has today.” The website gets over 2,000 visits per month.

Pascalau said his style is all about the “old world charm” adapted to modern standards. His inspirations come from style icons such as Paul Newman, Steve McQueen and Gregory Peck.

“I want people to know that it’s not unusual for young men to dress formally. My blog is all about showcasing how to make these classic styles fit into today’s modern wardrobes,” said Pascalau. He also said honesty and integrity are key concepts for his blog. “I only showcase products that I truly believe are worthy. I won’t promote a product just to get paid, I need to agree with its quality,” he said.

Through Style Attorney, Pascalau has had the opportunity to collaborate with various companies from the menswear industry such as Sprezza Box, Union Jack Boots and Scarzza Shoes. Pascalau reached a milestone while collaborating with Coghor, a Montreal-based custom tailoring and men’s styling company, where they got together to document the process of getting a made-to-measure suit.

When asked what trends to look out for in summer and fall of 2016, he said: “Suede shoes, mainly Chelsea boots or desert boots. White and off-white pants are going to be very trendy as well. A lot of prints; printed shirts are making a huge comeback. As for suits, linen or cotton fabrics—any suit that is deconstructed is in style. It gives the look a more casual allure while remaining chic,” said Pascalau.

He said keeping it simple is key, focusing on comfort, but also confidence in what you wear. Pascalau said it is always best to favour quality over quantity. “Build a wardrobe that will still be in style 10 years from now,” he advised.

Hungry for more fashion recommendations? Check out www.styleattorney.com or visit his Youtube channel “Style Attorney.”