Happening in and around the White Cube this week

Happening in and around the White Cube this week…

Le pop up galerie + vernissage and launch party

New to Montreal’s art scene, Le pop up galerie + aims to showcase and help promote the work of local emerging artists. Open from Fridays to Sundays, their first exhibition includes work from seven abstract painters. Le pop up galerie + is also available for short-term rentals and one-night events, including pop-up shops and exhibitions.

When: Oct. 12, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Where: 3915 St-Denis St.
Admission is free.
***

Canadian Art Therapy Association Conference

Featuring over 70 workshops by Canadian and international presenters, this year’s art therapy conference revolves around “mending what is broken.” The conference will kick off with a vernissage for The Nature of Art Therapy on Friday, Oct. 12 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the St-Henri Art Hive (4525 St-Jacques St.). Indigenous art, heuristic art, phototherapy and basket weaving are among the many workshops and panels scheduled throughout the weekend. For more information and to register, visit www.canadianarttherapy.org/conference/

When: Oct. 12 to Oct. 14
Where: Various locations on and off campus
***
Breathing Soliloquy

Concordia theatre and set design graduate Delia Yuan is exhibiting detailed cut-paper and mixed-media portraits and landscapes which explore rays of light within devastation, suffering and hopelessness.

When: Now until Oct. 29.
Where: Georges-Vanier Cultural Centre,
2450 Workman St.
Admission is free.
***
PLI.É

The french verb plier refers to the action of folding an object; it is also the name of a classical dance movement. The PLI.É Project showcases 14 dancers from six renowned international dance companies wearing hand-folded paper dresses. Paper artist Pauline Loctin, also known as Miss Cloudy, and classical ballet dancer Melika Dez join forces to exhibit more than 50 photographs and paper creations from this series.

When: Now until Nov. 4
Where: Ausgang Plaza, 6524 St-Hubert St.
Admission is free.
0

In brief: public consultation, international conference, and Banksy

Inner and outer worlds collide