Happening in and around the White Cube this week…

30×150 Women Artists and Architects Film Festival

In collaboration with the Canadian Women Artists History Initiative and the Atwater Library’s Digital Literacy Program, students registered in ARTH 381, Feminism & Art History, have made 30 short films highlighting Canada’s female artists and architects. Each film is 150 seconds long and includes interview testimony from art historians and fans of the artists, as well as a general overview of their lives and works.

• Where: MB-9.EFG
  • When: April 9 from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
On the edge

Featuring various printmaking and collage works by Alex Guèvremont, Catherine Desroches, Austin Henderson and Sandrine Haineault, On the edge  is “a poetic walk across the abstraction and the figurative space.” Mouseprint Gallery, founded in 2008 by Patrick Visentin, technician and professor of print media at Concordia, is an exhibition space that showcases artwork from both established and emerging artists.

• Where: Mouseprint Gallery (EV-9.416)
  • When: Now until April 12.
  • Finissage on April 9 at 4 p.m.
Ineffable

Ineffable is a product of the Fine Arts Reading Room (FARR) winter residency, culminating to students’ research in playwriting and dramaturgy. According to the Facebook event page, Sue E. and Ollie V. will be reading the latest version of their script, which examines silence in the lives of two queer, African and Caribbean people. The same source states that, “within this liminal space, Pharah and Mars remember their youth together in Tiohtiá:ke/Montreal. To them, this was an island of sexuality and creativity; an island removed from their families overseas and encased in silence.”

• Where: EV Junction, EV-2.785
  • When: April 12 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
External Memory

With pieces ranging from video and performance art to sound, electronic arts and virtual reality, External Memory showcases the Intermedia Cyberarts (IMCA) 400 graduating student exhibition. Open for one night only, 16 students question the concept of the “external memory,” how it affects the environment and exists in our recollections. As described on the Facebook event page, “traces of our experiences can reside on a hard drive, in an object, on the internet, or in the mind of someone else. Smells, sounds, movements, tastes and sights have the potential to provoke the resurgence of buried thoughts, emotions, and impulses.”

• Where: Eastern Bloc, 7240 Clark St.
  • Vernissage and performances on April 12 at 6:30 p.m.