QUICKSPINS: The Game – Born 2 Rap

Born 2 Rap is a perfect blend of the classic west-coast hip hop sound with a more laid back, jazz-influenced twist. The Game’s consistently well thought-out bars are an ideal addition to the diverse collection of truly musical production throughout the album. 
The Game – Born 2 Rap

Compton rapper The Game returns with a star-studded collaboration

Compton rapper The Game hasn’t released a project in three years, but his new album is 25 songs long – enough content to satisfy his core fanbase after his absence.

A wide array of interesting features are also present throughout the project. The guest list includes Ed Sheeran, Miguel, 21 Savage, Travis Barker, Masego, Anderson .Paak, and D Smoke (winner of Rhythm & Flow Season 1), among many others. While The Game’s flow can get a little repetitive at times, the long list of collaborators helps to constantly evolve the album’s sound.

Overall, this is a great return to the game by the Compton MC. Let’s see if he’ll have more content for us soon, or if this is his latest message to the public before another lengthy hibernation in the Cali sun.

7.5/10

Trial Track: “One Life” ft. J. Stone and Masego

Star Bar:
“Guess who back in the buildin’, stackin’ them millions
Y’all wanted me to rap, I’m bringin’ back that feelin’
Bridge the gap between mumble rappers and killers
Bridge the gap between smokers and lean sippers”
(Game on “No Smoke” ft. Miguel & Travis Barker)

0

December Calendar

Lawsuit against Concordia for alleged owed salary and vacation pay.