‘Banned’ prez candidate can access university

CSU presidential candidate Tom Keefer has had his ban from campus lifted so that he can campaign for CSU president.
Tom Keefer was expelled from Concordia for allegedly uttering death threats and assaulting a security guard last July. A superior court judge allowed Keefer to have access to only the CSU offices so that he could fulfill his duties as a student representative. The university justified the ban of Keefer on the basis that he was not a student at the time of the confrontation with the security guards.
“Tom Keefer can run for president because he was given honourary membership as a CSU member,” said Jessica Lajambe, the chief electoral officer (CEO).
In a press release dated Nov. 20 Rector and Vice-Chancellor Frederick Lowy said that Keefer would be allowed access to the entire university, only during the time frame of the campaign period. The campaign period ends Nov. 29.
Lowy added that he had “reservations with respect to the CSU having chosen to permit an individual who has been banned from campus.”
Posters being torn down
Some posters of the candidates have been torn down, according to CEO Jessica Lajambe. Lajambe said that Fire Safety Officer Normand Lanthier had taken down some posters and he later allegedly admitted to taking them down.
Lajambe then met with Lanthier and Michael on Nov.19 to discuss postering. According to Lajambe they agreed that if a poster was blocking a door or a window, they would then give the CEO 24 hours to remove the poster.