Horoscopes: Oct. 12, 2010

Aries &- March 21 to April 20

I’m walking down a hill, I’m walking over rocks, now I’m on a bridge and the water is coursing beneath my feet. Where am I going? To a great green island, the dominion of peace and tranquility. Wanna come?

Taurus &- April 21 to May 21

Someone close to you has been filling your mind with dreams of legacy recently, telling you that there is one true path and trying tom- convince you that they are on it. Is there one true path? Are you on it?

Gemini &- May 22 to June 21

Something like 25 per cent of the living plants on the planet are some kind of grass. Wheat, grains, Kentucky Blue; its pretty crazy if you think about it. You should go to grass, and be around it. See what it can do for you.

Cancer &- June 22 to July 23

You will be confronted by a conflict of interest this week, and be forced to chose between competing inclinations. But you don’t have to make things so black and white if you don’t want to. You can have your cake and eat it too.

Leo &- July 24 to August 23

Righteousness. We all want it, but how can we ever know it or get it? Calling yourself righteous or calling someone else out for not being righteous isn’t very righteous, is it? Such are the challenges of leading a good life.

Virgo &- August 24 to September 23

Time to find an old friend and do some re- kindling. I’ll bet, if it was the right friend and the right circumstances, you could actually work yourself into a good cry, which would be a good thing. We all need to emote every so often.

Libra &- September 24 to October 23

Twitter makes you limit your posts to 140 characters. As an aspiring writer, I see this as an obstruction to be worked around. It’s challenging to get it all out in a sentence or two. Sorry, I’m talking about myself. Everything good with you?

Scorpio &- October 24 to November 23

You are on the cusp of becoming something of a local celebrity in the next week. Its true, people will be saying your name. Now it’s up to you to either capitalize on this, or let it become just another 15 minutes of fame.

Sagittarius &- November 24 to December 21

Reading informs the way you speak, subtly and explicitly. For example, after reading a fuck ton of Shakespeare over the course of last year, I started talking like Yoda. If you don’t get it, you haven’t read enough Shakespeare.

Capricorn &- December 22 to January 20

Now is a good time to focus on interconnectedness, a good time to synchronize the various aspects of your life. Maybe a good idea would be to start with a Venn diagram: two circles, overlapping only partially. Sounds tasty.

Aquarius &- January 21 to February 19

If some piece of shit graffiti artist decides to spend an evening bombing on the tracks, they can get their work to travel from coast to coast without paying a cent. How can you make your cheap and easy mark on the world?

Pisces &- February 20 to March 20

Have you been contemplating the divide between style and substance lately? I sure have. I worry that aiming for style is always vain and that aiming for substance is always foolish. Which side of the line do you fall on?

You share a birthday with…

Oct. 12: Hugh Jackman, Luciano Pavarotti, Chris Hanna

Oct. 13: Sacha Baron Cohen, Paul Simon, Margaret Thatcher

Oct. 14: Usher, Ralph Lauren, Dwight Eisenhower

Oct. 15: Emeril Lagasse, John Kenneth Galbraith, Friedrich Nietzsche

Oct. 16: John Mayer, Angela Lansbury, Oscar Wilde

Oct. 17: Eminem, Wyclef Jean, Rita Hayworth

Oct. 18: Zac Efron, Freida Pinto, Jean-Claude Van Damme

Aries &- March 21 to April 20

Taurus &- April 21 to May 21

Gemini &- May 22 to June 21

Cancer &- June 22 to July 23

Leo &- July 24 to August 23

Virgo &- August 24 to September 23

Libra &- September 24 to October 23

Scorpio &- October 24 to November 23

Capricorn &- December 22 to January 20

Aquarius &- January 21 to February 19

Pisces &- February 20 to March 20

You share a birthday with…