Calling all journalists and generally cool cats. The Concordian is now hiring its 2015-2016 staff!
Have a knack for inDesign, live and breathe CP style, got an itch to hit the streets to cover the news beat? We are hiring for all positions!
- We need journalists to become editors—who pitch stories, edit copy, and write stories—for our news, life, arts, music, sports, and opinions sections.
- We need photographers for all stories (go to sports games, see art exhibits, meet musicians) and a mean graphics editor who can help us out when our photographers can’t.
- We need a production team who wins at inDesign to help put our paper together on Sundays and Mondays.
- We need copy editors who know and love Canadian Press style to help edit our copy and make it clean, mean and pristine.
- We need an online editor to rule the net and get our stories up online, manage our social media, and keep an eye on trending stories.
Sounds like your kind of jam? Then we hope to hear from you!
Send us your cover letter, resume, and three writing samples (preferably journalism and not academic samples please) to email@example.com.
Remember to let us know what position you are applying for in the subject line.
Did we mention that these positions come with an honorarium? That means these jobs are PAYING journalism gigs! What a concept.
Michelle Gamage (the new Editor-in-Chief of The Concordian, 2015-2016)