Stingers weekend game results

Rugby

Women’s rugby

The Stingers women’s rugby team won their RSEQ semi-final game against the Laval Rouge et Or by a score of 46-20. The win gives the team a spot in the RSEQ finals and a spot in the CIS women’s rugby championship.

Men’s rugby

The team went on the road Sunday against  the École de Technologie Supérieur and won by a score of 30-15. This means that the team will take on ETS once again, this time in a quarterfinal match-up at Concordia Stadium.

Hockey

Women’s hockey

The team started their weekend with a 3-1 loss on the road against the University of Ottawa. On Sunday, the women played against Carleton University at home and lost 2-1 in a shootout. With the two losses this weekend, the team dropped to a 2-1-1 record.

Men’s hockey

On Saturday night, the men’s team hosted the McGill Redmen just hours after the very same schools battled it out for football supremacy. This time, it would be the Redmen who came out victorious. The final score was 3-2.

Soccer

Women’s soccer

On Friday night, the Concordia women’s soccer team took on Bishop’s away from home and came away with a 5-0 win. Stingers midfielder Emma Berwick scored two goals in the effort. On Sunday, the women took on UQÀM in another away game. This time they would lose 3-1 at the hands of the Citadins.

Men’s soccer

On Sunday evening, the men took to the field before the women to play an undefeated team from UQÀM. Much like the women’s team, the men lost but this time by a score of 1-0.

Basketball

Women’s basketball

After winning against the University of Waterloo on Friday night, the women’s team defeated the Nipissing Lakers in another pre-season match-up at home. Once again the women would blow out their opponents with a 94-60 win.

Men’s basketball

The team played in the Brock Tournament this past weekend where they went 0-3. On Friday night, the men played the host team and lost by a score of 74-68. On Saturday, the team played against the University of Windsor and were blown out by 19 points, 84-65. The  team’s final loss came in a game against the University of  Ryerson. The score was 82-74.