Laval wins Quebec women’s b-ball championships

The Laval Rouge et Or won their third straight Quebec university women’s basketball championship on Saturday as they defeated the Concordia Stingers 68-61 in Ste. Foy. Laval’s JosZe Lalonde, a sophomore from Chateauguay, scored 12 points and had 10 rebounds, leading the number two-ranked Rouge et Or to the win in front of about 800 home fans.

The Laval Rouge et Or won their third straight Quebec university women’s basketball championship on Saturday as they defeated the Concordia Stingers 68-61 in Ste. Foy.
Laval’s JosZe Lalonde, a sophomore from Chateauguay, scored 12 points and had 10 rebounds, leading the number two-ranked Rouge et Or to the win in front of about 800 home fans.
It was the eighth championship for Laval, who also reeled off nine straight wins to finish out the season.
The Stingers gave Laval a hard time despite trailing 33-27 at the half.
They were only down by three with under a minute to go, when Jennifer O’Neill, a senior guard from LaSalle, missed a three-pointer that would have tied it up.
Laval out-rebounded Concordia 44-34 and also got 11 and 10 points, respectively, from French guard Elodie GZrard and Marie-Helene Pedneau of Cap-Rouge.
Concordia’s Marie-Pier Veilleux from Amos, Que. had the most points of all forwards, with 15, on top of her seven rebounds. Kristina Steinfort, of Dollard, had 10 points, and N.D.G.’s Rosie Douglas had eight.

0

ConU can be proud of men's hockey

Film students prove that their art matters