Council split left and right

The Council of Representatives now seems to be in the situation of the U.S. Congress – split nearly down the middle between the left and right, with a few wild card councillors who could vote either way when it comes to important decisions. Many past political activists on both sides at Concordia expressed throughout the election that the real power remains with council and that the results there would be even more important than the executive.

The Council of Representatives now seems to be in the situation of the U.S. Congress – split nearly down the middle between the left and right, with a few wild card councillors who could vote either way when it comes to important decisions.

Many past political activists on both sides at Concordia expressed throughout the election that the real power remains with council and that the results there would be even more important than the executive.

It is telling, then, that Trish McIntosh, an active organizer on the left, won the most votes for council. Still, some feel the number of centrist students on council could make this year’s votes much more interesting than those of the past two.

0

Concordia Co-op

Concordia: exciting and dynamic