Quick Links:   Concordia   Montreal   Quebec   CSU   JMSB   Elections   Science   Score Report   Data   International   Protests   Arts   Music   Events   Photos   Videos   Audio   Francais

A lasting legacy of hope

Montreal was bubbling with activity Sunday, as hundreds took to the streets to run, walk, bike, or rollerblade in commemoration of a great Canadian hero, Terry Fox. This year marks the 25th anniversary of Terry Fox’s Marathon of Hope. Every year, runs commemorating Fox are organized to raise money for the foundation that bears his name.

Montreal was bubbling with activity Sunday, as hundreds took to the streets to run, walk, bike, or rollerblade in commemoration of a great Canadian hero, Terry Fox.

This year marks the 25th anniversary of Terry Fox’s Marathon of Hope. Every year, runs commemorating Fox are organized to raise money for the foundation that bears his name. Held every second Sunday in September, this year’s event included participants from across Canada and around the world.

Thanks to many volunteers and organizers, approximately 10 registered run sites were set up across Montreal. Brian Ross, one of the head organizers at a listed run site in Baie D’Urf

0

The CONCORDIAN Quotes of the Week

Tech Talk