Young Stingers look ahead to 2008

To say that this season, in which the Concordia Stingers women’s hockey team only won two conference games, was a tough one would be an understatement. This season, head coach Les Lawton’s 24th in charge of the team, was also his first losing season. But in the disappointment of ending their season in a two-game sweep at the hands of the No.

To say that this season, in which the Concordia Stingers women’s hockey team only won two conference games, was a tough one would be an understatement.

This season, head coach Les Lawton’s 24th in charge of the team, was also his first losing season. But in the disappointment of ending their season in a two-game sweep at the hands of the No. 1 McGill Martlets, there are some positives.

“Every time we played the No. 1 team in the country, we played our hearts out,” said Stingers forward Bianca Chartrand. “We can take our performances vs. McGill this season and build on them going into next season,” she said.

The Stingers did have some high points, however, this season. Their three losses in shootouts could have gone either way, and in their final regular season game at home they held a 2-0 lead over the Martlets until McGill scored two quick goals in the final four minutes to eventually win in a shootout.

The Stingers goaltending was also very good. Both Meggy Hatin-L

0

RINGSIDE

Glorious Jabberwocky