CSYou stands together as a team

With only VP finance candidate Scott Carr running opposed, the entire CSYou slate was elected to form the executive of the Concordia Student Union for 2013-2014 academic year.

Carr beat Tardivo for the only contested position with nearly twice as many votes. The preliminary results show that Carr garnered 617 votes as opposed to Tardivo, the only independent executive candidate running, who received 334 votes.

However, a recount will be taking place this weekend due to an error in counting the ballots early Friday morning — votes for VP sustainability elect Benjamin Prunty and VP student life elect Katrina Caruso were affected in the John Molson School of Business building. An error left certain polling days with an irregular amount of votes and other dates with none. The mistake is not expected to change the outcome of the vote but there will be a recount.

While the final count or preliminary numbers have not yet been released for councillors and members of Senate, it appears that all undergraduate students running for council will have their seats for the upcoming year. This includes current VP clubs and internal Nadine Atallah, VP student life Alexis Suzuki and VP academic and advocacy Hajar El Jahidi who received 41, 279, and 294 yes votes respectively in the preliminary results.

All fee levy referendum votes passed, including a motion of support for the Concordia Food Coalition. Approximately 1,142 students voted in favour of a new fee levy of $0.12 for the Concordia Greenhouse project and Sustainable Concordia will also be receiving $0.15 per credit, a ten-cent increase from the current $0.05 fee levy collected.

All final numbers will be released once the CSU’s Chief electoral officer, Andre-Marcil Baril will conduct his recount.