Student Corner Needs your Submissions!

If you would like to submit a short story or poetry, please e-mail [email protected]

0

Eclipse

Beauty in the beast

Israel: its youth shaped by war

For Canadians and anyone else living in a country that doesn't require mandatory military service, it's hard to imagine being left without a choice about whether or not you will serve in your country's army. For Tal Sheiber, a Montrealer and Israeli soldier, joining the army was less about choice than it was about following what seemed like "second nature.

The Importance of Being Earnest

Audience members at the opening night performance of The Importance of Being Earnest, at the Saidye Bronfman Centre, were treated to a high energy show full of classic Oscar Wilde witticisms. Visiting director Ben Barnes, former artistic director of Ireland's Abbey theatre, believes Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest is "the kind of play that can resonate at any time.

Chicken Little

Last weekend, Disney topped the box-office with its first computer-generated animated feature produced without the help of Pixar. Chicken Little is... well, he is little. A year ago, he raised a ruckus in his hometown by claiming the sky was falling. Pushed aside and labelled as mentally challenged and seeking attention, our little hero is still trying to shed this image.