Music In The News

Have they got everybody fooled?

Evanescence singer Amy Lee and her immediate business partners have been accused by internet hacktivists Anonymous of intimidating members of the band’s message board into signing non-disclosure agreements regarding alleged questionable content posted therein.

Anonymous claims that the EvThreads.com message board is an online meeting place for child molesters, and that the band’s legal representation has made fans sign contracts stating they would not report the illicit activities alleged to have been perpetrated on those forums. This, say the hacktivists, is the reason the issue has not yet seen greater exposure. Further accusations were also brought forth against the party in question in a legal petition submitted to British Parliament, stating that former employees involved with Evanescence were able to interact with minors through the message boards despite an alleged history of posting “paedophile material” on other websites. While these allegations have not yet been acted upon, Anonymous are asking that fans boycott the band’s UK concerts.

Living easy, living free, for now

An overenthusiastic AC/DC fan was arrested for blasting the band’s hit “Highway to Hell” Tuesday Sept. 4. The New Hampshire woman was issued a warning in the afternoon, which she must have ignored since police came back an hour later to arrest her for noise pollution. Despite this, her rocking spirit was not dampened as she went on to be arrested two more times in a 26 hour period for the same offense (and once more for throwing a frying pan at her nephew). The judge presiding over her case has recommended she use earphones after her release.

99 problems and ‘bitch’ is one

Rapper, entrepreneur and self-styled ‘voice of a generation’ Kanye West addressed a serious issue that has been plaguing him for some time. “I usually never tweet questions but I struggle with this so here goes… Is the word BITCH acceptable?” Thousands responded with their two cents, prompting him to follow up on his initial tweet. “I was recently questioned about the use of the word BITCH in my music and initially was offended by anyone questioning anything in my music.” He also addressed the use of the N-word in the same breath, positing that “Perhaps the words are now neither positive or negative. They are just potent and it depends on how the are used and by whom?” Regardless of his final decision, he probably won’t be removing the word from his vocabulary entirely, with his new Cruel Summer LP featuring the song “Perfect Bitch,” reportedly about his current girlfriend Kim Kardashian.