Music in the News – Sept. 17, 2013

Arcade Fire burn up Salsatèque with two surprise shows

Arcade Fire performed two surprise concerts at Salsatèque on Peel street last week on Monday and Tuesday. The Montreal based band decided on two intimate shows without any prior advertising. A leak in the media created a news tornado around their appearance at the salsa club. The point of these concerts was to launch their fourth album. Their new song “Reflektor,” made it to the blogosphere which is why many audience members knew the words by heart already. Some die hard fans waited up to eight hours in line to get into the club.

Miley Cyrus’ shocking new video for “Wrecking Ball”

Miley Cyrus continues to rule headlines even after her scandalous performance at the MTV Video Music Awards. Earlier this week, she released her new music video for the song, “Wrecking Ball”. After only 24 hours, the video received over 59 million views. In the video, Cyrus balances herself on a demolition ball completely in the nude.

Apple set to release iTunes Radio

After having just launched the iPhone 5s and 5c, Apple is preparing to release iTunes Radio. On Sept. 18, the California company will offer a non-stop music radio system for the U.S. only. Based on the customer use of iTunes and iTunes Radio, this streaming system will offer personalized radio stations. It will not be possible to choose which song you want to listen to or create personal playlists. The service will be free of charge, but if you want to remove publicity such as ads, it will cost you $24.99.

Second volume of unreleased Beatles material to surface

Yes, it’s true. A new Beatles album will be released on Nov. 11. Nearly 19 years after the Live at the BBC album was released, a second volume of unreleased material will be made available to the public. The volume will include 37 unreleased live versions of many classic Fab Four songs along with interviews and discussions from 1963 and 1964. The release of a second volume was prompted after the wild success of the first set of BBC recordings back in 1994.