Ice storm transformed into comic relief

Who could ever forget the frozen power lines, the cold, the high prices, and the generators? The Storm of the Century is one thing that Montrealers won’t forget and don’t wish to relive. Stephen Orlov’s play Freeze takes on a different perspective of the ice storm, a comic perspective with an ever pressing question that needs to be answered: will Nicole marry Curtis? In writing this play, Orlov hoped “that the sense of community and collective spirit people shared in battling the wrath of nature had a voice that spoke to their humanity.

Who could ever forget the frozen power lines, the cold, the high prices, and the generators? The Storm of the Century is one thing that Montrealers won’t forget and don’t wish to relive.
Stephen Orlov’s play Freeze takes on a different perspective of the ice storm, a comic perspective with an ever pressing question that needs to be answered: will Nicole marry Curtis? In writing this play, Orlov hoped “that the sense of community and collective spirit people shared in battling the wrath of nature had a voice that spoke to their humanity.”

0

The Concordian editorial staff

Celebrating the importance of artistic merit