ConU Confidential: meet the glove of love

You girls have got a good one this week: it’s my pleasure to introduce to you Kevin Glover, a guy whose company I thoroughly enjoyed-I think I ended taking up more of his time than I should have. Anyhow, during my meet with Kevin, he came across as being a sincere, quirky intellectual, with a good sense of humor. As for his nickname, “Glove of Love”-well, that’s up to you to find out.

Full Name: Kevin William Glover
Age: 21
Astrology sign: I am right on the cusp between Cancer and Leo, but most newspapers say I am Leo.
Current program, communications studies, third year.
Why you are single? It’s basically because I haven’t met anyone that I feel strongly connected to yet.
Where we would find you:
1- At school? At Loyola, wandering around the Hingston Hall Building.
2- Outside of school? Lately, I have been all over the place, but you can usually find me at home
The last book you’ve read? The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time, by Mark Haddon.
What’s in your CD player? This Year’s Model by Elvis Costello, Dear Catastrophe Waitress by Belle & Sebastian, Death Cab for Cutie, and Ryan Adams.
One thing you can’t live without, and why:? My computer; I know that makes me sound like a geek but I really can’t. I am one those people that checks their e-mail every five seconds. So, for me not to have my computer, it would be the end of the world.
Three passions in life, and why: Cooking, because that means grocery shopping and having people over, which I love to do; music, in particular shopping for CDs (yes, I am honest; I don’t just download tunes and go to rock shows); and bowling. Where else can you go rent shoes and hurl large balls down allies?
What is success according to you, and explain why: To me, success is being proud of what you have done and feeling that you are doing the best that you could have done. I learnt this from a taxidermist.
Do you believe that there is only one morality or are there many moralities? Of course there are many moralities. What somebody thinks is right in a small village in Chile will differ from the beliefs of a student in Oshawa and there is nothing wrong with that. The question is if there are certain universal principals that are so basic and obvious that no culture can ignore them. This, I would believe, but I would not characterize them as moralities per say but rights.
What you look for in the opposite sex? The girl would have to be a well rounded person. She would have to have a great personality, and it would have to be someone that I could spend the afternoon with in Chapter’s reading books. Later that night, we could get drunk together on a $9 bottle of wine on the mountain. Oh yeah, she must know about the Grey Album.
What do you think about threesomes? Ever had one? Well, it is up to the person, but my mother always said that I had problems sharing.
If you had an ice cream cone, how would you eat it? A friend told me once that I eat ice cream weird; apparently I bite into the ice cream instead of licking it. I have tried licking, but I get bored and end up eating it.
The first thing you usually say to an attractive stranger after the usual introductions: My friends call me the “Glove of Love.”
Three words that start with the letter ‘C’:
Cornucopia, clunk, cereal
Your daily motto is:
Parans, Volens, Potans
Kevin’s e-mail address: [email protected].