Affordable Art Scene

Exams are almost over. Snow is falling. It’s holiday time. Oh Baby. You’d have to be a Grinch not to love it. In case you are, allow us to suggest a few inexpensive activities sure to make your gloomy holidays bright. All Month Long – Drop by the Museum of Fine Arts for free and take in their collection of works by Dali, Monet, Picasso and Renoir.

Exams are almost over. Snow is falling. It’s holiday time. Oh Baby. You’d have to be a Grinch not to love it. In case you are, allow us to suggest a few inexpensive activities sure to make your gloomy holidays bright.

All Month Long – Drop by the Museum of Fine Arts for free and take in their collection of works by Dali, Monet, Picasso and Renoir. www.mbam.qc.ca/en/activites/gratuit.html
– Gallery Articule presents Bingle Jells, an electroacoustic exhibition that twists the well-known holiday tune into a bizarre sensory experience. www.articule.org

Dec. 5 – In honour of Walt Disney’s 106th Birthday, take in a screening of the film that’s renewing interest in his company, the family-friendly Enchanted. www.cineplex.com

Dec. 6 – Support Concordia’s own Theatre department by checking out their production of Titanica: The Great Battlegown at the Cazalet theatre. Performance begins at 8 p.m. http://theatre.concordia.ca

Dec. 8 – At 6:30 take to the streets for a Candlelit Christmas Procession. This communal event is part of a series of Joyeux Décembre activities leading up to the 24th. www.joyeuxdecembre.com

Dec. 10 – Hop on over to Cinéma Du Parc at 7 p.m. for the free Worldwide Short Film Festival. For more details, visit www.cinemaduparc.com

Dec. 18 – Once, arguably 2007’s best picture, hits DVD. Grab a copy and snuggle up with someone you love for a remarkable musical that will defy your expectations.

Dec. 21 – Get up close and personal for Slow Dance Night – a queer, kid and senior-friendly event all about dressing up and enjoying the long forgotten art of the sway. A $5-ticket entitles you to a dancecard, corsage and four hours of sweet surrender. 9 p.m. at the Le Cagibi on St. Laurent. http://slowdancenight.blogspot.com

Dec. 22 – For ten dollars, take in a Christmas Carol concert at the Botanical Gardens while admiring their display of poinsettias and Christmas trees. www2.ville.montreal.qc.ca

0

Stingers split weekend against Ottawa teams

Henry Rollins. What?