Entrepreneurs come together to promote eco-friendly lifestyles

Entrepreneurs from all over the province join the event to promote healthy lifestyles. Photo by Pierre Crépeau.

The Expo Mangé Santé et Vivre Vert gives visitors a chance to try organic food and beauty products

The Expo Mangé Santé et Vivre Vert (EMSVV) was held this weekend at Palais des Congrès, where visitors got the chance to sample all kinds of delicious eco-friendly and organic snacks, drinks and beauty products.

The EMSVV event provides small brands a chance to network, build a clientele and promote healthy lifestyles. It’s a great event for entrepreneurs who sell organic, or gluten-free products. It’s also a great opportunity for people to discover local brands.

The owners and entrepreneurs were at their kiosks and you could chat with them about their products.

I met Mai Cristina, a representative of the company KeWaZa, who made me try their chocolate energy balls that are organic, non-GMO, soy-free, dairy-free and gluten-free. The energy balls had a sweet cacao flavour with fresh fruit. The banana chocolate one tasted like fresh banana bread that just came out the oven.

Pasta Oggi, a family business from St-Léonard, found a solution for people who are gluten-intolerant but love the taste of fresh Italian pasta. They specialize in organic, gluten-free pasta that is also peanut-free, kosher, vegetarian and vegan-certified. Their pasta was one of the best I’ve ever tried and you could not even tell that it was gluten-free. Their ricotta and lemon mezzaluna pasta is a must-try—the light tomato sauce mixed with the lemon zest of the pasta was exquisite. Pasta Oggi’s buyer, Stefano Cataldo, said organic pasta is very hard to make but that they strive to bring the authentic flavours of Italian cuisine to everyone’s dinner table. Their products can be found at Avril Super Marché Santé, Costco and Adonis grocery stores.

Entrepreneurs from all over the province join the event to promote healthy lifestyles. Photo by Léonie Rouette-Tétreault.

Ali Beloff was a few kiosks down, representing the company MUthins, which she founded. Beloff, along with her sister Chelsea Beloff took over the family business and successfully revamped it. They make chocolate, cinnamon, pumpkin spice and other fruit flavoured muffins, which are all less than 100 calories and nut-free. Their blueberry muffin had fresh fruit and it was lightly sweetened.

Aside from all the delicious goodies, there was a beauty section where I met Sophie Généreux, the founder of Bioéternel. She specializes in face creams which are silky smooth, with a fresh scent. All of her cosmetics are plant-based and are made on the South Shore. They can be found at Avril Super Marché Santé grocery stores.